PROOF is a research program investigating food insecurity in Canada, to identify effective policy approaches to reduce food insecurity. This position will provide administrative support for research and knowledge translation activities related to PROOF’s work. (http://proof.utoronto.ca)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage communications (email & phone correspondence) for PROOF;
- Maintain and update the website;
- Manage social media accounts;
- Design factsheets, infographics, audio clips, and other research summaries for web audience;
- Coordinate the production of status reports;
- Track uptake and impact of all research communications;
- Provide administrative and research assistance to various research projects, including assistance with the preparation of ethics proposals, literature reviews, presentation slides, and manuscripts.
- University degree in population health, nutrition, communications, or related disciplines, or equivalent combination of experience and education;
- Familiarity with food insecurity research;
- Experience in maintaining and updating websites, managing social media platforms (Twitter) and writing for a web audience;
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills, both oral and written;
- Experience conducting literature searches and literature reviews; familiarity with academic search strategies and procedures;
- Ability to read, interpret and synthesize information from a variety of sources;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond quickly to shifting research priorities and needs.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, etc), Google Suite (Analytics, Webmaster Tools, and Scholar), HTML/CSS and content management systems (WordPress), email marketing (MailChimp), social media (Twitter).
This position is for a six month contract with the possibility of renewal.
Hourly wage: $ 29.61+ 4% vacation pay
Hours of work: 36.25 per week
Duration: up to 6 months
Please email cover letter, resume, and the names of 3 referees, with the subject line “Administrator Application” to email@example.com by Monday, March 12, 2018.
We thank everyone for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.